I uploaded a new press kit page yesterday and received an email about the overlaid image I use on it. You can see that here.
Below is a video that demonstrates how I created that overlay effect in Microsoft Publisher.
Short list: What you need
- A reasonably high-quality/hi-resolution image to create your transparency.
- Graphic design software or in my case, a graphic design expert.. I used Noel Ramos, founder of the Independent Music Conference, to create my transparent image.
- Desktop Publishing Software. I use Microsoft Publisher. It works great and is part of Microsoft Office Professional.
- Write press kit text. I wrote some of it, had some great review quotes, and then had Val King, Editor and co-founder of Rock Revolt, offer some assistance.
- Insert/copy your transparent image and paste onto the page.
- Adjust text to wrap “tightly” around the image.
- Fine tune text wrapping “edit points”.
- Save your press kit as a: Hi-resolution image, standard resolution image, and PDF.
Original image and the transparent image
Here is your video:
Please feel free to comment, ask questions, & share.